Web hosting services has been on the run for many years. They specialize in providing internet hosting services to the individuals who want to host their website or blog on World Wide Web, making it available and accessible to the people through internet.
Bluehost is one such hosting company which provide web hosting solutions to the individual bloggers and small businesses. They have been a part of reputed Endurance International Group since 2010 and have won many awards in the hosting industry. Bluehost promises to provide quality hosting at affordable price. They also take customer satisfaction as their prime liability, their 24×7 customer support provides al answers to queries generated by the individuals. As we are talking about Bluehost, in this article we will see how the password changing process is carried out. As password is first and foremost means of security, hence a secure password changing process is also needed.
The requirement of the password are as listed below.
- It should be at least 8 characters long.
- Include at least one of each, upper-case letters, lower-case letters, a number, and a special character in your password.
- Reach up to a minimum strength of “fair” or “good”, but it cannot be “weak”.
- It should not be a password of any of your previous account.
Now we will conquer the steps of changing the password.
Log in to your account by typing the present password and then follow these steps.
- Log in to Bluehost account.
- Scroll down to cPanel.
- Search for the Preferences section, here you will find the icon of Change password, just click on it.
- A new page opens up, showing the heading Main Password, here enter your old password.
- Now, you have to enter the new password you wish to keep. Kindly make sure that the new password match the above password requirements.
- Click on the update button. Now, you have successfully changed the password.
The above mentioned way is to reset the password when you are logged into your account. While there is another way by which you can reset your password without logging in to your account.
- Go to the main website page of Bluehost and click on the login button, which is in the top right corner of the page.
- When the login screen appears, click on forgot password link.
- Type your domain name or username and click on the button “Lookup Account” to submit.
- The password – reset link will be sent to the email address which you have previously given to the Bluehost. Click on the link in that email so as to get redirected to the Password Management page in your account.
Thus, through these steps too you can change your Bluehost account password.
Bluehost cPanel management is made user – friendly hence it is easy to carry out small steps and procedure for any installation or change in the website management or your account management.